- This event has passed.
Rock Steady Boxing for people with Parkinson’s Disease – Bell Road YMCA
October 28, 2021 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Coordination: foot movements combined with arm movements
- Walking and gait activities
- Strength training with light weights, resistance tubing and body bars
- Obstacles-stepping over objects forward and back as well as lateral movements
- Balance training with weight shifting activities as well as static balance
- Fine motor skills with games such as Operation, stringing beads, buttoning, etc.
- Cognition-remembering sequences, games like Simon Says
- Flexibility-stretches and yoga type activities
- Core work-seated or on the mat
- Voice activation-reading tongue twisters, yelling favorite food, singing songs like Row, Row, Row your boat.
- Program date January 4 – December 31, 2021
- Days: Monday – Thursday
- Time: 11:30am-12:45pm
- Monthly Cost: $25 Members; $50 Non-Members
- Daily Rate: $10 Members; $15 Non-Members
NOTE: You must have a diagnosis of Parkinson’s by a doctor; then an assessment will be completed by a Rock Steady Coach.
For more information contact Marcie Peake at 334.271.4343 or firstname.lastname@example.org